1. Finish reading your Lame Beaver mini-story and answer the goal questions
2. Meet with the other people who read your mini-story and compare/edit answers
3. Use your HW Chart to answer the culture regions image question
Thurs/Fri, Aug. 27 & 28
1. Bellwork: What is a culture group?
2. Finish the Centennial novel introduction powerpoint.
3. Read assigned Centennial mini-story from chapter 4 "The Many Coup of Lame Beaver" and answer the goal questions. #5
***If you are interested in reading more of Centennial by James Michener, hard copies and e-books are available on the Amazon.com, Audible.com, Seminole County Public Library, and local bookstores.
4. If finished early, Work on Cultures Chart HW that's due Monday, or read other Lame Beaver mini-stories that were not assigned to you.
1. Due: Syllabus signed by parent. Class supplies/folder decoration past due.
2. Bellwork: Finish up the Native People image from Monday. #3 back (see image below)
3. Textbook checkout: America History of Our Nation. This book stays at home for the remainder of the school year.
4. Centennial novel introduction
5. Beringia Land-bridge #4 back
AHON Ch 1.1 Earliest Americans, Pages 6-7
Read the “Land-Bridge Theory” section and Examine “The First Americans Arrive” map.
Answer MapMaster questions a & b on page 7. Write your answers on the back of #4 Chart
6. HW: Cultures of North America Chart #4. Use the textbook to complete this assignment. Due Monday. (Click to see worksheet)
1. Class supplies (folder, paper, pencil) due for a grade. Folder should be decorated by today.
2. Review course syllabus (signed by parent by Wednesday) and distribute the community service record sheets.
3. Review the New World Unit scale and rate your current knowledge of the topics. #3
4. Native Peoples images #3 back: Identify 5 things in this image. Then make one claim about the people.