Thursday/Friday, March 31 & April 1; Monday, April 4
Opener: Review the North and South scale and rate yourself on your current level of understanding.
1. Review the North #26 and the South #27 assignments.
2. North and South Matching Game
Tuesday/Wednesday, March 29 & 30
Opener: AHON Page 394. Examine the Irish Immigration Graph and read "The Great Hunger." Answer the Critical Thinking question in the left margin.
1. Finish The North #26 from yesterday.
2. The South #27
A. The King of Cotton
Read the article and answer the questions on the separate paper.
B. African Americans in the South
Read pages 398-400 (AHON). Create a Venn diagram or T-chart that compares and contrasts the lives of free and enslaved African Americans in the South.
Monday, March 28, 2016
Opener: New Unit Scale: North and South. Create a tracking sheet and give yourself your initial rating.
1. The North #26
A. Read "The Industrial Revolution" pages 382-387. (AHON)
a. Industrial revolution
b. factory system
c. mass production
d. interchangeable parts
2. Describe the Lowell Mills and how this system impacted women. Give at least 2 examples.
B. Read "The North Transformed" pages 390-395.
c. mechanical reaper
4. How did urbanization and technology affect the lives of people in the North? Give at least 2 examples.
Spring Break: Friday, March 18-Sunday, March 27, 2016
Wednesday/Thursday, March 16 & 17
If you were absent for Oregon Trail:
Read Chapter 13.2 Trails to the West pages 448-453. Answer questions 1, 2, 4, 5 on page 453.