Native Americans and Exploration Quiz and Folder Check is coming!
PreIB: Friday, 9/16
Standard: Monday, 9/19
Thursday & Friday, 9/15 & 16
Tuesday & Wednesday, 9/13 & 14
Monday, September 12, 2016
A. Review the lessons from last week with the substitute.
B. September 11 video: http://www.history.com/topics/9-11-attacks
Watch the video and write a one sentence summary.
C. Congressional Medal of Honor, Citizen Honors Lesson "What Makes a Hero?"
*Brainstorm: What is a hero? Give examples of heros.
*Students will view the vignette featuring Rick Rescorla and take notes on what they think makes him a “true hero.” http://www.cmohedu.org/member-content/portraits_rescorla.aspx (to watch the video at home, you need to make a free account on the website.)
*Write one paragraph: Why is Rick Rescorla considered to be a hero?
Thursday & Friday, September 8 & 9
Tuesday & Wednesday, September 6 & 7
Thursday and Friday, September 1 & 2
4. Read the article "Christopher Columbus was a Man of Many Faces" and answer the biography questions.
1. Finish & review Challenge 3 of the North America Mapping Lab
2. The First Americans: In the History Alive! textbook, read pages 2-3 and answer these questions in complete sentences.
Thursday & Friday, 8/25-26
Finish North America Mapping Lab:
1. Challenge 1 Physical Map
2. Challenge 2 Political Map
3. Challenge 3 "Where in North America?" finish for HW
*For each of the 10 questions:
•Identify the map type (placard) used to answer the question.
•Write the answer in a complete sentence.