***There will be a folder check on Friday/Monday. Assignments 14-23.
Opener: What is the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day?
1. Watch a short video about Veterans Day. http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-veterans-day/videos#history-of-veterans-day or
http://www.history.com/topics/history-of-veterans-day/videos#bet-you-didnt-know-veterans-day Then read the overview from the VA about differences between Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Students will write a three sentence summary comparing the two.
2. Trouble on the Frontier Quiz.
3. Finish Propaganda poster or comic strip. (Finish for HW if needed)
a. Create a propaganda poster that drums up support for the French and Indian War on the British side. Examples: encourage men to enlist in the army/militia, donate money or supplies for the war effort, etc.
b. Create a propaganda poster or comic strip that summarizes the colonists’ feeling about the Proclamation of 1763.
Opening Activity: Finish your Trouble on the Frontier Propaganda Poster. If you are already done, use this time to research your NHD project.
#24 Toward Independence Metaphors
1. Read 5.1 Intro in History Alive! and discuss the questions on page 62 with your partner.
2. In this lesson, we will examine a series of metaphors that compare the major events that led up to the declaration of American independence in 1776 to events that could happen modern day in a school.
Towards Independence Metaphors