Monday-Tuesday, May 12 &13
1. Finish the #29 America the Story of Us: "Divided" video, if needed.
2. Finish and turn in the #31 Nigerian Schoolgirl Essay
3. Finish The Nation Divided Timeline #30
Create a timeline of the events listed BELOW. For each event on the timeline provide the following:
*The date the act or event occurred
*Write a 3-4 sentence summary of the significance of the event. Explain what it accomplished and how it further divided North and South.
*Draw a map or other image (political cartoon, etc…) that describes the act or the event. Provide a key if you draw a map, and a caption if you draw an image like a political cartoon.
4. Crash Course Video: "The Election of 1860 and the Road to Disunion" (5 & 7: Watch at home.)
5. "The Worlds of North and South" Mapping Activity. (Only 4 & 6 periods)
USE THE PHOTON APP to click on the link below.
Answer the attached questions after reading the information on each page.
Wed & Thurs
1. Use your tracking sheet to quiz your partner to help study for the "Causes of Civil War" Quiz on Fri/Mon.
2. Finish and turn in
*The Nation Divided Timeline #30
* the #31 Nigerian Schoolgirl Essay
*"The Worlds of North and South" Mapping Activity. (Only 4 & 6 periods)
3. Video: #29 "America the Story of Us: "Civil War"
1. What were some important inventions that affected the course of the Civil War?
2. Who was Clara Barton, and why was she significant?
3. How did the telegraph help the Union side achieve victory in the Civil War?
4. What is the Emancipation Proclamation, and how did it shape the Civil War?
5. Why is the Battle of Gettysburg still remembered as a turning point in the Civil War?
6. What advantages did the North have over the South that led to Northern Victory?
Events Leading to Civil War