Wed & Thurs, April 30- May 1
1. Westward Expansion Test will be on Friday/Monday. Use your Westward tracking sheet to study for the test. (It is also posted below)
2. Folder check for #'s 22-28 on Friday/Monday.
3. Review #27 Indian Removal Act and #28 Conflict with Mexico.
4. #29 America: the Story of Us "Division" Video
If you missed it, the episode can be found on Youtube
1. How did the development of canals impact the U.S.?
2. Describe the impact the cotton gin had on slavery.
3. Describe the social and technological advancements related to the Lowell textile mills.
4. Describe key people involved with the Underground Railroad.
5. Describe John Brown’s role in the Abolition Movement to end slavery.
6. Describe Abraham Lincoln’s role in the start of the Civil War.
1. Folder Check #'s 22-28
2. Test: Westward Expansion.
3.The Nation Divided Timeline #30
Create a timeline of the events listed BELOW. For each event on the timeline provide the following:
*The date the act or event occurred
*Write a 3-4 sentence summary of the significance of the event. Explain what it accomplished and how it further divided North and South.
*Draw a map or other image (political cartoon, etc…) that describes the act or the event. Provide a key if you draw a map, and a caption if you draw an image like a political cartoon.
If you want to hear more of Linda Ronstadt's Mexican folk music that I played in class on Cinco de Mayo, here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4DZneWNKhs
Tuesday/Wednesday, May 6 & 7
1. Unpstanders Anti-Bullying program for 1st half of period.
2. Finish #29 America: the Story of Us "Division" Video and questions from last week.
3. Continue working on #30 The Nation Divided Timeline that you started after the test last period.
Thurs/Fri, May 8 & 9
1. Compare and contrast:
*Read the Nigerian Schoolgirl Kidnapping article. (posted below)
*Read "African Americans in the South" text pages 398-400.
*Think about the message of the Upstanders anti-bullying program from yesterday.
*Compare and Contrast these three things. Write 3-5 paragraphs.
2. Finish working on #30 The Nation Divided Timeline from earlier in the week.
A Divided Nation
Students will be able to explain the social and political events that led to the Civil War.