***If you are absent, you need to complete this for HW. Due Monday.
1. History Handbook unit 11 checkpoint
2. Reform Movements introduction.
- Read “The Reforming Spirit” on AHON textbook pages 414-416. and discuss this question:
- How did Jacksonian Democracy and the Second Great Awakening lead to people wanting to reform society?
- Read the “1800’s Reform Movements Poster” directions in the link above and pick one of the 4 different topics.
- Behavior Reforms
- Education Reforms
- Women's Rights
- Using your textbooks (AHON chapter 12 and History Alive! chapter 18) and other online sources (such as Tree of Ed,) research the reform movement that your chose.
- Make a poster that includes the information that you learned. Make sure that you read over the grading rubric on the directions to help you plan you poster.