Learning Goal: The student will be able to explain the course of the Civil War. (1861-1865)
AP Human Geography Summer Assignment: If you are taking this class in 9th grade, do this!
Wed-Fri, May 23 & 25, 2018
****I am NOT accepting any late work on Friday!!!!
Tues (5/22): 1st
Wed: 2nd & 3rd
Thurs: 4th & 5th
Fri: 6th & 7th (LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!)
1. 4th quarter exam.
2. Clean the classroom.
3. Watch Roots or Glory.
Here is the STUDY GUIDE for the 4th quarter exam.
Mon/Tues, May 21 & 22, 2018
***1st period take 4Q exam.
1. Finish Civil War Timeline #34
2.Work on the STUDY GUIDE for the 4th quarter exam.
3. Return "A Quiz About You" answers from the 1st day of school.
4. Watch Roots or Glory.
5. Clean the classroom.
8th Grade Spirit Week: May 14-18
Thurs/Fri, May 17 & 18, 2018
1. Civil War Timeline #34
Start in class and finish in class on Mon/Tues.
Put the following events in chronological order. List the date the event occurred, and write a one sentence summary about why the event is significant.
A. Ft. Sumter fired upon (page 501)
B. Lee surrendered at Appomattox (537)
C. 13th Amendment (552)
D. New York City draft riots (530)
E. 1st Battle of Bull Run (516)
F. Emancipation Proclamation (524)
G. Battle of Gettysburg (534)
H. Sherman’s “March to the Sea” (536)
I. Siege of Vicksburg ended (535)
J. Lincoln’s assassination (549)
Tues/Wed., May 15 & 16, 2018
1. Graphing Civil War Data. #33
2. Gettysburg Address play
Mon., May 14, 2018
1. FINISH Video: Civil War #32 (America: The Story of Us, episode 5)
2. Start Graphing Civil War Data. #33
Fri., May 11, 2018
1. Video: Civil War #32 (America: The Story of Us, episode 5)
Answer the questions in complete sentences.
1. Describe how the following inventions/innovations affected the course of the Civil War.
3. What is the Emancipation Proclamation, and how did it affect the Civil War?
4. What was the Gettysburg Address?
5. What advantages did the Union have over the Confederacy that led to Union victory?
*We'll start the video today and finish on Monday.
Ms. Day is a U.S. History teacher at Milwee Middle. She loves the Florida Gators, social studies, Hamilton, Disney, Harry Potter, kitties, and, most of all, students who do their work.