Learning Goal: Students will understand the key ideas and influences of Jacksonian Democracy.
Thurs/Fri, March 1 & 2, 2018
*Midwife Essay due. Hightlight the following
1. Finish Andrew Jackson T/F Statements #15
2. History Handbook: Unit 9. Next checkpoint
3. Andrew Jackson: Hero or Villain?
You will create a double-sided poster about President Andrew Jackson.
Side 1: Create a hero’s commemorative plaque for President Jackson that emphasizes his positive contributions to America.
Side 2: Create a “Wanted” poster that shows President Jackson's negative impact on Americans.
Your poster can be hand drawn or computer created.
Tues/Wed, February 27 & 28, 2018
1. Finish The Federalist Period vs. Jacksonian Democracy #14
2. Andrew Jackson T/F Statements #15
Monday, February 26, 2018
1. Go over the directions for the Midwife essay. Due on Thurs/Fri.
2. Discuss the meaning of this quote by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich: "Well-behaved women rarely make history."
3. History Handbook unit 9: Jackson
4. The Federalist Period vs. Jacksonian Democracy #14
After examining both images and listening to both songs: Write a summary that describes the differences between the Federalist and Jacksonian periods. (3-5 sentences)
Ms. Day is a U.S. History teacher at Milwee Middle. She loves the Florida Gators, social studies, Hamilton, Disney, Harry Potter, kitties, and, most of all, students who do their work.