1. USA Mental Map (Assignment #2)
* Draw an outline of the 48 contiguous United States
* From memory, label the following on your map
a. Orlando, FL
b. New York City, NY
c. Washington, DC
d. Chicago, IL
e. Los Angeles, CA
f. the 5 Great Lakes
g. Appalachian Mountains
h. Great Plains
i. Rocky Mountains
j. Mississippi River
k. Missouri River
l. Gulf of Mexico
2. Label each state on your USA outline map handout (#3) with its abbreviation. Use this handout as a study guide for your USA map test on Fri/Mon.
3. Play USA geo games on the iPads to help you study for the map test on Fri/Mon. At home, play USA Geography States level 2 and 3 on www.Sheppardsoftware.com to help you study.
1. Make a t-chart that list the push and pull factors related to why people move/ migrate. #4
2. The First Americans: Introduce the novel Centennial by James Michener. Read the few pages of chapter 4 about the migration of humans to the Americas and discuss the Beringia land bridge theory. At home, play USA Geography States level 2 and 3 on www.Sheppardsoftware.com to help you study.
1. Quiz partners on the location of the 50 states for the test next week.
2. Read Centennial pages 139-148 about the early humans who inhabited the Great Plains. Answer corresponding questions titled "The First Americans." #5