Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship
“Imagine that your high school/college has been overrun with Zombies. Your math professor, the cafeteria ladies and even your best friend have all joined the walking dead. Use your brain to flesh out a plan to avoid the Zombies, including where you would hide and the top 5 things you would bring with you to stay alive. ”
Due October 31, 2013
1. Turn in #14 English Colonies questions and finish #15 English Colonies Map for hw. (If you need another copy of the map or the questions, they are posted in week 9, 1st quarter)
2. COLONY BILLBOARD
Ms. Day will assign you one of the 13 English colonies. You will design a billboard to encourage people to settle in your colony. You will create the billboard on poster paper or pic collage. You want to entice people to come live in your colony, so make sure you focus on the positive aspects of your colony.
Your billboard MUST include the following:
1. The name of your colony, founder of the colony, and year it was founded.
2. A short, clever (hopefully) slogan that will help people remember why they should settle in the colony you have selected.
3. Five images to represent the five characteristics of your colony
4. A short caption (one sentence ) for each image.
3. After you finish your billboard: Read America History of Our Nation (AHON yellow textbook and online. www.successnetplus.com) chapter 3.2 “The New England Colonies” page 71-76. Answer the Checkpoint questions on 71, 73, 75 & 76. Answer the Comprehension questions 1ab & 2ab on page 76. Finish for HW. This will be due for everyone next Tuesday/ Wednesday.
We will go to Media center during the second half of class on Tues and Wed to hear a presentation about high school magnet options.
Choices high school magnet programs info booklets and applications were distributed on October 2 & 3, 2013.The application deadline is December 1. The same information is also found on: http://choices.scps.k12.fl.us/.