Return Textbooks: America History of Our Nation must be returned the week of May 16-20. Students will be charged for books not returned.
4th Quarter Exam: during your exam period, May 23-26. A study guide will be provided the week before.
Mon., 5/23: 1st period exam
*Tues., 5/24: 2nd and 3rd
*Wed., 5/25: 4th and 5th
*Thurs., 5/26: 6th and 7th (last day of school)
* Early release at 1:50pm, no backpacks allowed
Tuesday/Wednesday, May 17 & 18
1. Turn in textbooks. Make up test from yesterday.
2. Finish Choosing Sides map #36
3. Finish Civil War Video #34
America: The Story of Us, Episode 5 “Civil War”
1. Describe some of the inventions that affected the course of the Civil War?
(if you found the weapon technology part of the video interesting, here is an article with more information.)
2. Who was Clara Barton, and why was she significant?
3. What is the Emancipation Proclamation, and how did it shape the Civil War?
4. Why is the Battle of Gettysburg remembered as a turning point in the Civil War?
5. What advantages did the Union have over the Confederacy that led to Union victory?
***If you are absent, you can watch the video on Youtube.
4. Graphing Civil War Data #37 (start)