Wednesday and Thursday, April 12 & 13, 2017
Test: Westward Expansion. Tuesday-Thurs, April 11-13. Here is the study guide.
Monday and Tuesday, April 10 & 11, 2017
The 8th Grade Activities Acknowledgement form needs to be signed by a parent and turned in by Friday, April 7, 2017.
Thursday and Friday, April 6 & 7, 2017
Tuesday and Wednesday, April 4 & 5, 2017
All classes will be outside on Thursday and Friday. Dress appropriately for the weather.
***Westward Expansion test on Monday/Tuesday. Here is the study guide.
1.Due: "Conflict with Mexico" Scramble #21
2. Life in the West Mini-Project.
Topic Groups, Pick One:
Activities, Pick One:
1. Create a Comic Strip. Explain your topic in a color comic strip (think Garfield or Peanuts), complete with illustrations and dialogue bubbles/captions. Your comic strip needs to have at least 8 cells (boxes).
2. Monument. Design a monument that commemorates the impact that your group of people had on the West. (Investigate real life monuments in Washington, DC for inspiration.) Sketch the structure that you would build and write a description of your design. Write a dedication plaque that describes the highlights of your group’s impact on the West
3. Poster. Create a poster that describes your group and their role on the settlement of the West. Include text and illustrations.
4. Poetry. Write poetry that captures the content and feelings expressed by the people associated with your topic. An “Inside/Outside Poem” format would be ideal for this activity. Get the directions page from the teacher if you pick this option. Or write another style of poetry that is appropriate to describe your group.
5. Song. Write the lyrics (words) to a song that describes your group and their role on the settlement of the West. Then set the lyrics to the melody (music) of a well-known song. (Star Spangled Banner, any Disney song, etc.)
6. Digital Presentation. Create a digital presentation (prezi, powerpoint, etc.) that describes your group and their role on the settlement of the West. Include text and illustrations.
If you finish the mini-project in class, then play the original Oregon Trail video game
Monday, April 3, 2017
Thursday & Friday, March 30 & 31
Tuesday & Wednesday, March 28 & 29
Monday, March 27 (1st day of 4th quarter)
Spring Break: March 17-26, 2017!
Spring Break "HW" Whoever has the highest score after spring break wins a prize.
Play the original Oregon Trail video game:
*Tip: do NOT click the "Full Screen" option. This often crashes the game.
Monday -Thursday, March 13-16
3rd Quarter history exam is Monday and Tuesday, March 13 & 14. Here is the study guide...
Monday-Friday, March 6-10