HIGH SCHOOL REGISTRATION INFO
ALL projects are due by February 13, 2015. If you turn in a project after January 23, it will NOT be eligible for entry in the school or county history fairs.
Tuesday-Friday, January 6-9, 2015
Back up website if FLChoices is acting silly. http://www.careeroutlook.us/assessment/long.shtml
A. Signing up
2. Under “Sign in” click on “create an account”
3. Click the “Go” button next to “Middle School or Junior High School Student”
4. Select your date of birth and click on the “find” button to select Milwee Middle School.
5. Fill in your full first and last name.
6. Pick “2019” as your year of graduation. Provide an email address.
7. Account Name: Use your Student number (Example: 0123456)
8. Password: Use your birthday in YYYYYMMDD format. (Example: 19990101 if your birthday was January 1st, 1999)
9. Type in a security question and answer in case you need to reset your password.
11. You have successfully created your account. Click “click here to continue.”
1. Head a piece of paper with your NAME, DATE, TEACHER’S NAME and title it CAREER EDUCATION
2. Click on the “Career Planning” tab and select “Learn About Yourself.”
a. Do the “Interest Profiler” survey
i. Explore the top careers for you based on the survey. On your paper, write down 3 (or more) careers that you find most interesting. What interests you about each career that you selected.
b. Again. click on “Learn About Yourself” and do the “Career Cluster” survey
i. Add you top cluster to your online portfolio. On your paper, list your top career cluster(s)
3. Click on the “Career Planning” tab at the top and select “Explore Careers.”
a. Explore this section and find careers that fit your “Career Cluster”
i. Add careers that you like to your online portfolio.
ii.On your paper, list your top careers
iii.Predict: What type of classes (in high school and beyond) should you take to prepare for your top careers?
4. When complete, turn in your paper to the teacher. Then go back to the “Learn About Yourself” page and do one of the other surveys.
If you do not finish, or would like to explore some more, continue at home. :)
C. After you finish Career Ed, work on NHD history fair project. It is DUE Friday, January 23, 2015