To take the student survey provisionally: 1. Go to https://survey.5-essentials.org/florida/survey/student/provisional/ 2. Enter minimal demographic information (Student ID*, Birth date, gender, School, “When did you start going to this school”, “Why did you have trouble logging in?”**) *Student ID – please have students enter the student ID that they regularly use **”Why did you have trouble logging in?” – please select “Student ID/birth date not recognized” option from dropdown menu 3. Enter Login and complete survey
Thurs/Fri, October 23 &24 1. #10 La Florida Mural HW is past due
2. #13 NHD History Fair project Overview Topic Selection Assignment:
What is it about?
How does it relate to the theme of Leadership and Legacy?
Why did you pick this topic, what interests you?
(For now, one or two sentences for each question. Later, after you have had time to more research, you will need state more in depth answers to your questions.) Due Wed/Thurs, October 29-30
***If you are working with a partner: Each one of you must turn in the "topic Idea & summary" with your partner's name and a parent's signature acknowledging that you are choosing to work with a partner.****
3. #12 " Slavery in the Colonies": Read AHON pages 113-117. Answer questions 1-6 on page 117. (Yes, you need to write your answers in complete sentences!)
4. #14 French and Indian War & Proclamation of 1763 Scarmbels *each list of events is scrambled out of order. Read Chapter 5, pages 140-146, to figure out the correct order of events. Write the events on your paper in the correct order.
Tues/Wed 1. Lawn bowling! (see info below) 2. Work on " Slavery in the Colonies": Read AHON pages 113-117. Answer questions 1-6 on page 117. (Yes, you need to write your answers in complete sentences!)
2. English Colonies Quiz (Retake 13 colonies pop quiz if needed)
3. Slavery in the Colonies: Read AHON pages 113-117. Answer questions 1-6 on page 117. (Yes, you need to write your answers in complete sentences!)
4. Intro into Lawn Bowling! Now it's time for some fun. Much like we do today, the colonists enjoyed playing games. One of the more popular games was called bowls, or lawn bowling. Next class period, we will hold a lawn bowling tournament. In preparation, read "The History of Lawn Bowling" below and watch the video to learn how the game is played.
Wed/Thurs, Oct 15-16 1. Finish English Colonies notes #9. Check out the Powerpoint below to make sure that you have all the needed information.
2. Salem Witch Trials #11 Video and Reading (below). Answer these questions after reading: Salem Witch Trials Article 1. Who was involved? 2.What happened? 3.When did the trials occur? 4.Where did this occur?
3. La Florida Mural #10 (below, finish for HW , due next class)
4. Study for ***English Colonies Quiz on Fri/Mon.***
Mon/Tues, Oct. 13-14 1. Turn in late Jamestown DBQ Essays 2. Pop Quiz: Name the 13 English Colonies 3. Finish English Colonies PicCollage Poster 4. #9 English Colonies Notes Graphic Organizer: Examine the posters made by your classmates and take notes on the Geography, Economy, Government and Religion for each of the three regions: New England, Middle and Southern. The the document below for the set up. 5. #10 La Florida Mural: See document below. finish for HW, due by Fri/Mon ***English Colonies Quiz on Fri/Mon.
Wed., 10/8- Thurs. 10/9 1. Turn in Jamestown DBQ Essay 2. Turn in all 5 Jamestown DBQ Document analysis sheets 3. Turn in English Colonies Map #8 4. English Colony Poster A. You will be assigned a colony (Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia.) Using the Tree of Ed - English Colonies modules 2 & 3 or your textbook chapter 3, research and take notes about your colony, making sure you address each of the following aspects :
B. You will then create a PicCollage on your colony that must contain the following:
TITLE - Colony name, region and YOUR NAMES
Blurbs (minimum of 2 sentences) about each aspect (geography, economy, government and religion)
A picture related to your colony
Once you have saved your PicCollage, click on your classes Padlet link at the top of this website and upload your poster.
C. Once everyone has posted their posters, you and your partner will look through everyone's PicCollages and write down 1 fact that you found interested for each colony and then decide which lifestyle aspect do you think was most different between the three colonial reasons and WHY you think it was so different!
Mon. 10/6- Tues 10/7 1. Choices High School Magnet programs assembly in class. Applications are due by December 1.
2. Organize History and Data folders.
3. Work on Jamestown DBQ essay. Due Wed. or 3. #8 English Colonies Map. Finish for HW AHON Textbook pages * Settlements 67 *New England colonies page 74 *Middle 80 *Southern 86 * Spanish Florida 82 * St. Augustine 91 (Online textbook directions are on the home page of this website, or you can google.)
9/19- 10/3 A. English Colonies Unit Tracking Sheet
B. High school magnet programs flyers.
C. Pass back graded New World Quiz. If you don't like your grade, study and retake the quiz during power hour this week.
D. #7 Early Jamestown DBQ: Why did so many colonists die? * Hook map activity * Background Essay * Pre-bucketing * Document analysis sheets for Doc A-E *Post Bucketing and PreWrite *Write Essay
Guided Essay, Rough Draft Your final copy should be
* typed (12 point font, double-spaced, standard margins) or * neatly hand-written (skip lines.)
Make sure your name and period is on the top of the 1st page.
Monday/Tues, 9/15 &16 A. Opening Activty: look at the Columbian Exchange chart: What do you think is the most dangerous thing listed?
B. Columbian Exchange: * #5 Watch "The Columbian Exchange: Crash Course in World History." Take notes on the good and bad effects to the new world and from the new world. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQPA5oNpfM4 *Read Columbian Exchange on AHON 40-41 and do the Chart skills activity. Do the Columbian Exchange Document-Based Assessment on page 61, questions 1-3.
C. Review your New World tracking chart. What do you need to study before the quiz next class period?
D. New Unit: The English Colonies. Examine the Visual Preview on AHON page 64-65. What do you think you will learn in this unit?